Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Sony 4k VPLVW295ES $4999.99

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the nx5 for an few months now and cant decide if I want to go with the NX5 or an Epson 6050 to save some money. I currently have an uhd60 and mainly watch 4k content in 16x9 on an 130in screen, Viewing distance is 12-14 feet. Iam not in an dedicated HT yet but could be in the next 3-5 yrs. I have had the uhd60 for about 2 years and Iam looking to upgrade here soon. The UHD60 has served me well but I still get rainbowing and White Hot spots on the screen. Looking for everyone's thoughts and possible other options.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Epson 6050 since your HT is not fully light controlled.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Why the 6050 over the 5050?
Agreed, unless you need the additional features that the 6050 has or your room is already completely black and you want the projector to blend in then the 5050 is the smarter option.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
The NX5 is worth $2K more then to 6050 in the right room. I never really understand people who ask these questions because we have no clue how much $2k means to you. I agree save the extra $1K and get the 5050 unless "A" lens support or a black case is absolutely necessary. So now we at $3K difference but it's what you need to pay for to get the better performance of the JVC. Heck go for the NX7 we love to spend other peoples money.

Reactions: DRaven72

·
Registered
7.2.6 system JVC NX5, Denon X8500, Panasonic UB9000, Sony UBP-X800 & X700, Hsu VTF15, SVS PB16 Ultra
36 Posts
I tried the Epson 5050 for a few days some time ago, and thought it was an excellent projector with great image quality .....until I tried the NX5.....TO ME, the difference in image quality was worth spending the extra money......what I loved from the NX5 was the increase in contrast (in.my.room) and the image trait specific to LCos technology (you know how some love dlp images and so on) well, my taste in image is that of LCoS I guess...
Ultimately, you are the only one who can decide about what will satisfy your appetite.....if you are picky (like myself) and want the best for your hard earned $$$ then JVC is the way to go.....if you ain’t super picky and want to save some substantial $$, then Epson might be for you.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
^That is 100% right, the JVC is the better machine and only the individual coughing up the cash can say if the difference is worth it to them.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I don't understand how we can easily compare the Epson PJs to JVC when they are in different price statospheres as others above have said.

Both PJs are well worth their price tags.

Reactions: DigVid
1 - 8 of 8 Posts