AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to upgrade my family room receiver. Purchased a Samsung PN60F8500 plasma late last year and am running 3.1 audio (def tech 7006 mains and cs8040 center) and on speaker B a pair of def tech AW500's on the patio powered by my old Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX.

I'm running 7.2 in the theater room with a Denon 4810CI so I want to stick with Denon. Not sure if I'll ever get my wife to agree to letting me add surrounds in the family room and I have no interest in Atmos and probably won't need Audessey only running 3.1.

I'm mainly interested in Denon quality, Hdmi switching, multi zone /multi source capabilities and AirPlay /Bluetooth. Am I buying too much receiver in the X5200?

Can the X5200 and the 4810ci be networked together or will they have to be two separate systems? Can one app control them both?

Thanks-sorry for the long post

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Id wait till this fall when Denon releases theyre New avr line (between Aug. & Sept.) with full hdmi 2.0 and 2.2 hdcp compatability For 4k resolution, unless you dont plan on upgrading to 4k!

Yes one app will controll both avrs, but not at the same time. Youll have to select one avr, then whatever input or such you want, then go back and select the 2nd avr and so on.

·
Premium Member
93,254 Posts
Going to depend on your requirements. The X4100W is a 7CH model which could power your current speakers. The X5200W is a 9CH model which could power your current speakers as well as Zone 2 or 3 speakers. Using either model, you can connect the Zone 2 HDMI Out to the 4810CI in another room and play either the same HDMI source or a different HDMI source. Also both models can expand another 2CH (main zone) by adding an external 2CH amp.

See comparison in my post below ....

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...el-thread-x4100-x5200-x7200.html#post26013786

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
toddman36-

The hdcp 2.2 issue is one that has been holding me back but the more I tink about it it's really a non-issue. The Samsung plasma I just purchased replaced a 2003 Sony LCD Rear Projection so unless this plasma prematurly dies I dont plan on upgrading for a while. Thanks for the response toddman36

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jdsmoothie-

Interesting, it never even crossed my mind to to send the Zone 2 HDMI to the 4810. I guess I could do the same w/ the Zone 2 from the 4810 to the new denon whether it be the x4100 or x5200?

Im really leaning toward the 5200 as I would like to use it for whole home audio to the extent of it's abilities, I'm guessing 3 total zones off of the 5200 and another zone or 2 if I add external amps to the 4810? All controlled from one app, understanding I will have to select each individual receiver to control its zones? Is that correct?

Thanks for the response jdsmoothie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts