AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 4 year old 42" Panasonic plasma due for upgrade. looking for a replacement with a budget of $1500. what is the best we could buy. This is for the TV area.
Also building the HT in our basement and planning for a projector and At screen there for dedicated movie space.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We have a 4 year old 42" Panasonic plasma due for upgrade. looking for a replacement with a budget of $1500. what is the best we could buy. This is for the TV area.
Also building the HT in our basement and planning for a projector and At screen there for dedicated movie space.
I am also Costco member. is Costco the best bargain?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'd recommend a Vizio P60 at Costco if you've got a dedicated theater room as well. If you can swing an extra $500 and care more about plasma like contrast go for the 55" LGEC9300 OLED.

·
Banned
425 Posts
At least the curve isn't as absurd as it is on some Samsung displays.
The geometry of the curvature certainly is not distracting. But it appears to cause the panel itself to respond differently to input voltage at the edges. Grayscale tracking my on EG9600 goes wonky only in the center of the screen at low APL, and owners of previous years curved sets have the same issue.

So, while the potential for image warping is rather benign, I think curvature introduces other unfortunate issues. I'd definitely go with a flat panel unless you want something that looks interesting while it's turned off and are willing to make other sacrifices for that ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.