AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am currently running a Yamaha HTR-3065 and was wondering if you all think that upgrading to a Denon S700W would have any rewarding results. I hear Audyssey is pretty darn good. I also like the idea of all the audio apps like Spotify and Pandora. And the 2 subwoofer outs. So I have some reason to switch regardless.

However keeping my current setup for now do you think its worth the change? Speakers below nothing fancy at all..

Fronts - Yamaha NS-F210BL
Center - Yamaha NS-C210BL
Surrounds - Yamahas comes with the YHT-397 box set.
Subwoofer - Yamaha also comes with YHT-397 box set.

I would be getting this receiver for $299.00

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Youd need to upgrade your speakers to hear any real upgrade!;) As theyre usually the weakest link in most systems... Many newer bluray players have Pandora and such built in for less than 100.00.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Youd need to upgrade your speakers to hear any real upgrade!;) As theyre usually the weakest link in most systems... Many newer bluray players have Pandora and such built in for less than 100.00.
I hear you, its actually going to be a gift just unsure what to ask for :p I guess maybe better speakers... I like the idea of Pandora/Spotify through the AVR alone, and HDMI pass through. But I guess if I can't expect any sort of upgrade in sound with it, I wont ask for it. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts