AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the HD20 since 2009 and it's been great. Not used a whole lot, and never even changed a bulb. Decided since the bulb warning came on to start looking for options to improve and settled on the UHD38.

I have a Denon AVR3311ci, a genereic HDMI over Ethernet from MonoPrice with ethernet cable that is prob'ly cat5, and not that good. I use chromecast ultra, and a Chromecast with GoogleTV and have an HTPC and PS3 attached too. I have been using the GoogleTV mostly. All I did was remove the old projector and install the new one.

The projector would search for signal and eventually say 480 (i or p, I can't remember), but no image displayed. This was with the receiver using the GoogleTV. I tried the input from the PC, and the only image I got was the "Asus" boot screen, but when it finished booting, it displayed 480 again, and no image shown. I plugged the GoogleTV directly into the projector and that worked fine. So I knew the issue was from the Denon or the HDMI/Ethernet extender. I read about HDMI cables being an issue so I swapped out a few.

I accidently switched to the Chromecast Ultra input on the Denon and the projector displayed 1080p and it worked seemingly fine. Thought I'd fixed it, but no. I tried moving my PC, GoogleTV and Ultra to different inputs on the denon, but only the Chromecast Ultra worked.

Was wondering if the GoogleTV since the update allows it to do more than 1080p now, is messing things up, but why would the CCUltra work? And also the PC wasn't working. So I've decided to upgrade the ethernet extender to one from Amazon that is supposed to support 4k over Cat6 or 7. I have a spool of Cat6A and will replace that cable, when I get the new ethernet extenders. I'm hoping that's all I'll need to do.

Any thoughts as to why the CCUltra works in any input, but the PC and CC w/ GoogleTV don't? Is there a way to force the projector to only display 1080p, or would that not do anything anyway?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, the new HDMI over ethernet 4k transmitter/receiver is now installed. It has an HDMI loop output and when I plugged in a cable and attached to a spare monitor, the CC with Google TV suddenly showed on both the monitor and the new projector. However, the CCUltra now displays all scrambled and is unusable. I've switched inputs on the receiver again, with no success. Also, the CCGoogleTV is not consistent. I have unplugged the loop HDMI and it's remained fine, and other times I've had the HDMI loop still plugged in and it wont display at all. On either display. If I turn the receiver off and on, or unplug/replug the loop hdmi, it'll come back. I have a feeling it's the receiver. I love the 4k display when I had the CCUltra plugged directly into the UHD38. I guess an upgraded receiver is what I'll have to end up saving for. Any advice?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts