AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Six months ago I upgraded the HD to 80MB. The upgrade went smoothly. The system has worked fine for the most part. Modem connects every day. Shows are recorded every day. I installed two fans so the box is now cool to the touch. The playback is always steady, no stutters. The only problem I have is with shows that I recorded that I have not watched for a week or two. Sometimes, when I am viewing one of these shows and I hit fast forward x1, x2, etc. the system stays in fast forward and ignores all further remote commands. If I hit the stop key 50+ times in a row I can usually get it to stop but once a show exhibits this behaviour I dare not use fast forward again or the show is likely to fast forward to the end of the show at which time the show will end and I can watch it from the start again as long as I do not use fast forward. Other shows more recently recorded will not do this even right after watching a show that has done it. Any ideas what is going on with my box and what if anything I can do about it? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Pretty weird! What does the memmeter read (243 'zones" - memmeter)? If it is near 100/110 perhaps it's a low memory issue.

After reading the memmeter turn the unit off and unplug it for 1 to 60 minutes. Irregardless of memory reading rebooting from a powered down state corrects numerous problems.

If all else fails perform a factory reset. 777 "zones" - "restore factory default".

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.