AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,

In need of some help again. I just sold my Athena bookshelves and CC. I decided that instead of just replacing it with something else cheap, I'd like to go about upgrading. I can't afford to do it all at once so I need some advice both on what to get, and what order to get it in. I currently have three small mirage speakers (think energy take 2) acting as my LCR to get me through to when i have new stuff and it is wearing on me having such an underpowered system. I am pairing this with a panasonic xr-55 that I'd obviously also like to replace.

Needs: 75/25 HT/Music, with Cable box, PS3, appleTV being the inputs. I currently live in a small studio but will be moving within 2 years into something bigger, and i want a system that i can take with me and last me through the years. I want floorstanding fronts, and this is the kicker, i have to deal with WAF - my girlfriend is cool with black, and towers, but just not really big ones. Also my center probably shouldnt be too big.

My thoughts so far:

Monitor RadiusHD 270s, 225 cc and 90s for surrounds

Aperion 5t/c/b system

as you can see i like the piano black ha

I also need a sub and a receiver (hdmi inputs, anything else i really need to factor in here?)

What would you get, and what upgrade order would you go in considering i cant get everything at once?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would demo speakers until you get the sound you are going for and start there. Speaker technology does not change nearly as often as AVR and electronics. You can often keep a good set of speakers for a decade or more where as technology changes every couple years or so. Once you pinpoint the speakers you want, start saving for an AVR that can adequately power them and matches the sound you want. Picking up a used AVR or Onkyo refurb from Onkyo is a cost effective option as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.