AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock lenses on my 8500 and they are plastic + there is a scratch on the green. There is a set for sale with part number

'PT-43 8" HACC, dual-focus, color filtered and corrected, precision aspheric, projection lenses"

Are these the upgraded glass lenses that came on the 9000s? If so will they change my throw distance? Any info or links appreciated.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

I am not familiar with that model; M9000 lenses will not work as they are set up for LC. I have loose used HD-8s as found on your M8500 for $100 if you want just one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Tim,

I am also looking at the "up-grade" lens listed in e-bay. I just wonder would it be an improvement to my 8500 (non LC)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=32862

If I understand correctly, this corrective lens are for correcting the slightly off colors in the CRTs. So, if that is the case, different corrective lens should be needed for different model CRTs, as they are off in different degree. Then, how can this set of lens fit all the models of projectors mentioned in the ad.

Thank you

Michael

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr. Kong, after some searching I found that tyhe PT-43s were a common lens on the Sony 1270 line of PJs. There didn't seem to be any consensus on whether they were better than the HD8s that came on our E-home 8500s. One person stated the HD8s had more glass in them but........ who knows. I guess at an opening bid of $100. for all 3 PT-43s in perfect condition it's hard to lose out. If you get them and give-em a try, please post any comparison with the stock HD8s, it would make for an intersting archive.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Sir(s)

Always wanted to start a post like Tim.

Color correction is not the same a color filtering. Hmm....how to explain...color correction has to do with how the light waves are "focused". It causes the different light waves to be in focus in the same plane. Kind of like convergence without pushing a button or turning a pot. Color filtering takes the unwanted light waves coming from the source and does not let it hit the focal plane. These are 2 different animals. (wish I understood everything I know about it)

The lenses listed on Ebay are both color corrected (as, I am sure, are all lenses for projectors) and color filtered.

Walt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.