AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

glad to have finally joined this awesome community after quite some time of browsing.

Right now I'm using an integrated amp (cambridge cxa80) in a dedicated setup for just playing music. However since I watch a lot of movies, even more than I listen to just music, I'd like to start upgrading towards a 5.2 but keep the current quality of music.

From my research on the forum I've found that there's a good way of going about this and that's buying a receiver and using the pre-outs for my integrated amp and hook the other speakers to the receiver.

I'm thinking of a Marantz NR1711 which has the pre outs, connections for two subwoofers, and 50w per channel to power my floorstander rears and center. How would that work though considering my integrated amp has no HT bypass?

Also might change my current setup completely for a Anthem MRX 740 as they have a reputation of sounding good for music but it seems overkill for a 5.2 (correct me if I'm wrong) and the current reports of loud fan issues make it less than ideal for my open media cabinet.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
@bringtheblues Don't think it will work without HT bypass, but someone with real world experience will need to chime in.

Your 5 channel options are plentiful if you do not need hdmi 2.1. Not sure about budget but these are all 1-2+ years old and can be had on sale, if you can find inventory in your Country? Here is a list off the top of my head.

Arcam avr390/550
NAD 758 v3i
Anthem 520/720/540 (new)
Denon x3500/x3600/x4500/x3700 (new)
Onkyo tx-rz820
Pioneer Elite lx501/502
Marantz sr5012/5013/5014/6012/6013/6014

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yamaha TSR-700, it has 2 pre-outs for the front 2 speakers $400. It sounds pretty good for music too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts