AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I currently have a Sony "Muteki" STR 1000 with 2 Polk M20 speakers, i use it mostly to listen music on the computer and from time to time watch a movie.

I have the chance to upgrade and choose between these 3 amps, Pioneer VSX-D812, Onkyo SR-TX308 HDMI 3D or Marantz SR4200, for the Pioneer i have to put a bit of money, and more for the Onkyo or the Marantz.

I have to choose between these amps, because they take mine as payment and those are the only ones they have for sale now.

I dont plan to have it for a long time, maybe a year or so, then i will upgrade again, and upgrade the speakers too, but i want to change it now, the Sony just dont cut it.

I dont know too much about amps, so any tip you guys can give me will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
93,204 Posts
First decide what your source input, feature, and output requirements are as the 4200 is over 10 years old and doesn't even have any HDMI inputs/outputs. Also determine if you could get a similar return on the Sony by selling it yourself so as to open up your selection of units to other models/brands by going to other resellers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.