AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for a small upgrade from my H/K AVR 230. Currently Im using an older hdtv that only has 2 component inputs and I would like to pickup either a receiver or a component switch with at least 3 inputs so I can hook up the following components:

[component]:[audio]/[video]

cable box:analogLR/composite

xbox 1: digital optical/component

wii: analogLR/component

xbox 360: digital optical/component

dvd: digital optical(or coax)/component

This essentially means I need a receiver with 3 digital audio inputs (2 optical, 1 coax), and component switching with 3 inputs for video, and of course standard analog inputs - and it would be nice if everything would upconvert to component so I could just run a single component cable to the tv... (oh and I dont need HDMI support at all, ill upgrade everything when that time comes)

I was thinking about possibly going to the H/K AVR 435 which is about 470$ refurb'd, or maybe a Denon AVR-1507 to 1907? I also looked at the Zektor HDS4.1 component switch which is about $270 shipped. Should I keep my receiver and go with the switch, or sell my avr and upgrade?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Seems like they're saying it's not great with HD. Do you need HD via component? If so, I know I've heard great things about Zektor, Inday and VideoStorm on this site, but I haven't used any of them.

·
Registered
29,326 Posts

Quote:
I was thinking about possibly going to the H/K AVR 435 which is about 470$ refurb'd

The 435 doesn't upconvert everything to component. you'll need the 635 for that.

You can get the Onkyo 703 for $429 shipped from Shoponkyo.com if you join ClubOnkyo.

Has 3 component inputs, 5 optical, 2 coaxial. upconversion from composite and s-video to component, THX Select 2 (if that matters), On Screen Display, and much more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.