AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, looking to upgrade from the 1326k. I've got about $2000 Canadian to spend. Running Energy veritas as fronts, klipsch 500b center, Martin Logan dynamo 700 sub and Energy cf-50's as rears looking for a little more power, mostly watch Bly Ray and play Xbox one. Like a warm sound, nice streaming for Apple products and good calibration options. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I recommend the Cambridge Audio 551R receiver. It has plenty of power for those speakers.

You will have to check out the features and see if they are what you want, but for excellent sound quality and superior speaker drive capability, it is the Mercedes-Benz of receivers. The rest are second-rate IMO.

Its power ratings are VERY conservative, so you can't compare them to the phony inflated ratings almost every other company puts out.

Visions Electronics has about 15 stores in the 3 western provinces and has the 551R for CDN$ 1198. I assume you can order by phone or online.

I am sure you can find it at other dealers also.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Narrowing this to Pioneer SC-75, Marantz SR7007 and Yamaha RX-a2030. Any more input or advice from the experts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts