AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm looking to possibly get a replacement for my PRO-101FD. Can anyone recommend a comparable display in a 65in? TIA

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi i'm looking to possibly get a replacement for my PRO-101FD. Can anyone recommend a comparable display in a 65in? TIA
I took the 4K plunge about a year and a half ago and went from a 60" pro-141fd to a 65" Panasonic OLED and never looked back. I believe you have only Sony & LG for OLED choices in the US, so I would just go with whichever OLED model is in your budget. I think the LG C9 is the most common, they might have new models now though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the 4K plunge about a year and a half ago and went from a 60" pro-141fd to a 65" Panasonic OLED and never looked back. I believe you have only Sony & LG for OLED choices in the US, so I would just go with whichever OLED model is in your budget. I think the LG C9 is the most common, they might have new models now though.
Thanks! There is just so many out there I'm just so overwhelmed! Oled, Lcd, OCD... lol

·
Registered
15,152 Posts
There are numerous threads on OLED vs. LCD, Sony vs. LG, etc, etc. You need to describe your viewing room (ambient light controlled? side angle viewing?) and viewing habits (mostly movies in the dark? gaming?) in order for anyone to give you useful advice. For watching movies in the dark, OLED is the better tech (better black levels and contrast, better side angle viewing). Sony A9G is their top-of-the-line model, to be replaced by the A9H later this year. The most popular 2019 LG model is the C9, and their 2020 model is the CX. I went with the A9G over the C9 last year due to slightly better upscaling and motion handling, IMO. But you really can't go wrong with either brand. Check out their dedicated threads.

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
Thanks! There is just so many out there I'm just so overwhelmed! Oled, Lcd, OCD... lol
Not really, just 2 options: LCD and OLED. The latter is most reminiscent of what your ole' Pioneer delivers in that it is also emissive (but better in that each pixel can be shut off independently of the others surrounding it, giving you an unbeatable sense of depth).

·
Registered
496 Posts
I had that same monitor you had and love it. But when it came to replace it , the only option for me was the LG Oled.
The Oled will be the only tv that will replace adequately that Pioneer. I've had an Oled since 2017 and never regretted it.

Reactions: WGFA
1 - 7 of 7 Posts