AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have the upgrade bug... talk me out of selling my Yamaha RX-v3800 and buying the Pioneer Elite SC-07...

I love the Pioneer Elite line and this bad boy seems to be really good. I am running elemental Design audio floor standing speakers and wanting to do 7.1 setup.

my dedicated HT room is 22x11x9

Am I crazy?

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
Why don't you list all the reasons why you don't care for your current Yamaha and how the Pioneer is going to cure those ills?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by point1 /forum/post/15518032

Am I crazy?

Yes because you the rest of us will be unemployed; but we'll have lots of time to listen to our systems!

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog /forum/post/15518523

Yes because you the rest of us will be unemployed; but we'll have lots of time to listen to our systems!

On the contrary, I am trying to jump start the economy. If everyone thought like you then this thing will really start to hit the fan.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I would guess the Pioneer will put out more power. As for better sound, well I can't say.

I heard one of the new ICE Pio's demo'd at Utlimate and I was not impressed. Who knows what was wrong with their setup. I certainly would not have been convinced to buy it based on that demo though

In theory, those new Pios look great.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I haven't listened to yourYamaha and as a matter of fact, I don't like the breed in general.

No real reason just don't like yamaha's other products.

However, I can honestly say that I like the Pio SC O5 much better on demo than a denon 3808. Now that I have it home, I can honestly say its the best sounding receiver I've ever heard.

I do installation of home theaters for friends for fun and put in receivers mostly denon and pioneer with dev tech and paradigm speakers.

None of them has come close to sounding like this new elite unit.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/15518622

I heard one of the new ICE Pio's demo'd at Utlimate and I was not impressed. Who knows what was wrong with their setup. I certainly would not have been convinced to buy it based on that demo though

The reason that you were not impressed with the sound...because it wasn't Broken-in

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP /forum/post/15519162

I haven't listened to yourYamaha and as a matter of fact, I don't like the breed in general.

No real reason just don't like yamaha's other products.

Wow...really good reason.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by point1 /forum/post/15518032

Ok I have the upgrade bug... talk me out of selling my Yamaha RX-v3800 and buying the Pioneer Elite SC-07...

I love the Pioneer Elite line and this bad boy seems to be really good. I am running elemental Design audio floor standing speakers and wanting to do 7.1 setup.

my dedicated HT room is 22x11x9

Am I crazy?

Seems like a sideways move to me. Wait 2 years for the next Latest and greatest receiver. Use the money for speakers or another sperates upgrade
or even better, Room Treatments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts