AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you who have upgraded from "last" generations budget projectors (i.e. Z1, AE300, HS10) was it worth the jump to move to the Z2, AE500, HS20 or better etc. I have been a Z1 owner for a year now and so far quite happy but am always thinking in the back of my mind to upgrade.

would like to hear what people are buying in the "new" generation budget machines these days and how they made their choice.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I may be looking to upgrade from my current Z1, not as much for picture quality concerns, but other reasons such as throw distances, and input connections. If you are "only" looking for a better picture quality, I don't know if the improvement would justify the additional cost.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm seeing tweaks to existing technologies but nothing that would warrant me to sell my projector and buy something with small improvements. There are technologies like three chip DLP projectors and Sony's SXRD projector that can be had right now for $15,000 to $25,000.

My understanding of this is that Sony or other manufactures are interested in the mass market so you'll see these type of projectors at affordable prices in a year or two.

My advise is enjoy what you've got and avoid the hype.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rlindo,

what pj did you upgrade to and what were the factors in your decision. if memory serves me correct you bought a z1 and previously were more of a plasma guy.

gwlaw99

thanks for the link to your post....when i orig bought my z1 the only other one i was considering was the ae300 but ended up with the z1 due to price...good post

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
seabird,

i got the z2 upgrading from the z1. never have been a plasma guy. sorry:)

factors were higher contrast and higher res.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rlindo,

sorry my mistake....i was 50% right!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.