AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I'm new to this forum and figured this was the best place to ask some questions. I'm looking for suggestions and recommendations on what to run and use in my setup. I currently have 9 Flat Panel HDTV's but can drop that down to 8 to fit a Matrix.

I'm looking to setup a 4x8 HDMI distribution matrix so my DJ can look after the distribution of the signals to the TV's. I have 3 HD Motorola Cable box sources and 1 Blu-ray player that will feed into the 8 or 9 TV's in the bar.

The TV's are anywhere between 45ft(14m) to 65ft(20m) away from where the source will be.

After doing some research i think the best way of doing this is going to be to get an HDMI to CAT5/6 Switch and run either Cat5 or Cat6 cables through the ceiling of the bar to each TV.

I need suggestions and recommendations that you guys have in regards to which switch to use and whether it would make any difference to use Cat6 wire or Cat5 wire.

I would appreciate any feedback, criticism or suggestions any and all of you may have.

Thank you all for your time to read this.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I don't have a recommendation for a matrix switch, but since you already have 9 TV's, why don't you hook up one of the outputs from one of your matrix switch to a splitter and show the same thing on 2 of the TV's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayW /forum/post/20765270

I don't have a recommendation for a matrix switch, but since you already have 9 TV's, why don't you hook up one of the outputs from one of your matrix switch to a splitter and show the same thing on 2 of the TV's.

Good point. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.