AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am wanting to upgrade my front 3. I mainly use it for movies and sports. I currently have the hkts 15 setup. i live in an apartment so its not bad. But like always after awhile you have the urge to upgrade. My brother in law has polk monitor series. i think they are the 50's and cs1. i like the way they sound. What i was looking at was the rti series..maybe the rti6 and csi6..they would cost me around 550-650..any ideas anything better in that price range? its a 15X15. I would keep the hk surrounds for the time being than get the rti4's..i appreciate your help.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i saw the deals going with the monitor series. is it cause they have so many new models out? do you know how they compare to the rti series? unfortunetly i dont have anywhere around me that has the rti's set up. The prices they have on them now is nuts. like 5 months ago jr had the 50's for 249 a pair.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I believe the Monitor's are being replaced by the RTi's - they are very similar speakers, and for the price you can't go wrong. By all means, do the research on the Monitor series, but the available stock is selling out fast, so don't wait too long if you decide to get them.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter /forum/post/15441802

I believe the Monitor's are being replaced by the RTi's - they are very similar speakers, and for the price you can't go wrong. By all means, do the research on the Monitor series, but the available stock is selling out fast, so don't wait too long if you decide to get them.

The Polk Monitor series is replaced by their TSi series.

The Polk RTi series is replaced by their RTiA series.

The Polk RTiA/RTi speakers are above the TSi/Monitor series on the Polk totem pole. The Polk RTiA/RTi series come in a real wood finish. I particularly like the cherry finish. They are also more detailed in sound than the Monitor series. That being said, the Monitor series is a good speaker series and can be purchased at great prices now.

I like the Polk speakers and have gone through the upgradeitis over the years. I have a setup with Monitor 70's & 60's in one room, Monitor 50's and M10's in another room and RTi'8s in a third room. I like them all.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would the rti work with the newer rtia's? i really like the rti a3 a little pricey for now i can pick up the rti 6 for 179 a pair. i am thinking of getting those for the time being than the rti a3's to replace them. obviously put the rti 6 as surrounds. thoughts?

·
Registered
355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonlycg /forum/post/15442999

would the rti work with the newer rtia's? i really like the rti a3 a little pricey for now i can pick up the rti 6 for 179 a pair. i am thinking of getting those for the time being than the rti a3's to replace them. obviously put the rti 6 as surrounds. thoughts?

That's not a bad price for the RTi6 speakers.

Are they cherry or black?

Did you pick out a center speaker?

The RTiA have a curved design whereas the RTi series is a more traditional box design. They sound similar. The newer design is supposed to improve/refine the sound.

You may also want to consider adding some RTi8 or RTi10 floorstanding speakers for your fronts which are still available and heavily discounted.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I can comment personaly on these. I have the RTi series of speakers. These speakers ROCK! The have amazing sound and clarity but.... you have to drive them. You better have some wattage or external amps to push the RTi speakers. If I remember correctly the Rti 12 fronts I have will take about 600 watts max. I drive them with around 200w per channel and am very happy.

I would not suggest anything less than 100w per channel.

I love the sound and would recommend to anyone. They are a great buy.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonlycg /forum/post/15444466

yes for surround it would be rti a6 all black...i like the cherry but my wife thinks it looks cheap...im just happy i talked her into bookshelf speakers!

Well the matching CSi5 center, and RTi8 or even RTi12 floorstanding speakers are still available new on line in black at good prices, but that will need some real convincing on your end I think. Good luck with your system.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SO..I went to BB with the wife today and had her listen to the polk tsi300's there...she actually liked them. said they looked nice and everything. the rti8s are only a couple inches deeper so looks like im getting what i actually wanted! heres what im looking at

ceneter csi5

fronts rti8

when it comes time for surrounds ill see how the new rtia3's are going for or pick up the rti6s...do you guys think this might be a little too much for an apartment? obviously wouldnt be running it a 100% all the time. mainly use it for movies and sports.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonlycg /forum/post/15456587

SO..I went to BB with the wife today and had her listen to the polk tsi300's there...she actually liked them. said they looked nice and everything. the rti8s are only a couple inches deeper so looks like im getting what i actually wanted! heres what im looking at

ceneter csi5

fronts rti8

when it comes time for surrounds ill see how the new rtia3's are going for or pick up the rti6s...do you guys think this might be a little too much for an apartment? obviously wouldnt be running it a 100% all the time. mainly use it for movies and sports.

You will like the RTi6's and no they will not be too much if you like good sound.

For comparison I found lesser but good RTi4's at Crutchfield for a decent price of $179.99 + shipping which is similar to what you are getting the RTi6's for.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107RTI4...owAll=N&tp=186
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107RTI4...owAll=N&tp=186

I would advise you get the RTi6's before someone else does.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So the Polk Audio Monitor 50 are good sounding speakers to go with my Polk Audio CS10?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Anyone?

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
just reading the spec's on the Polk, the Monitor 50's should match well with the CS10. The tweeters (important part for timbre matching) for both units are described as being very similar 1" units. Monitor 50's are dissappearing fast as the line is selling out, don't wait too long.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.