AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm going to upgrade my HT. right now I'm using Denon 3803 with Denon 2900 DVD player, Klipsch Reference series speaker (RF-35, RC-35, RW12 and RS-35).

Will the speakers and dvd player work well with 950/770 combo? right now, when I watch movie, it sounds very good, but when listen to music it seems cold and distant.

Also, 950 almost 2 years old, anyone know are there any new receiver comming soon? hate to put 2k plus and outdate in 6 months.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sounds like you have downright decent setup right now! Here are some things that I would consider before upgrading this fine gear...

Do you have a subwoofer? A good subwoofer can add almost as much to music as it can to movies. I love what our SVS has done for both.

Have you calibrated your system? The autocalibration+equalization of our Yamaha 2400 was a marked improvement.

Sorry if these may be obvious questions. I am still easily impressed with good, mid-level performance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks whaat for the reply, yes I'm using the Klipsch RW-12 sub. I'm quite happy with the setup, and I have no complain while watching movie. The only thing is listen to music. It's just doesn't sound as good. I wonder if I add a 2 channel amp to the front speaker would help?

beside, I can still return the 3803 and get something else, and I'm getting a check from uncle sam so...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Another note... DVD audio can sound much better than CD. I just heard the Eagles Hell Freezes Over in DTS and the sound quality is noticeably better than standard CDs. Your sound system may be allowing you to distinguish that difference.

You might want to try out the 2400 at home and see if the auto-equalization helps matters. It's pretty cool -- you can choose to calibrate your system flat, biased to high, mid, or low frequencies, or even to match your mains.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, since you are happy with the movie performance of your current setup, if you listen to a lot of 2 channel content, you might want to simply invest in a good 2 channel amp that you can switch your LR speakers to when listening to 2 channel stuff. Or for that matter, have an independent 2-channel system with amps and speakers.

It is often hard to find a good system that can do both movie and stereo very well. But the beauty of having separates, is you can have the best of both worlds buy getting the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
umm... how about bi-amp the front? I heard it can improve the sonic performance a lot.

BTW, what amp are good for listen to music , and work well with klipsch reference series?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.