AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,Iwant to upgrade from monitor series.My problem is there are very few dealers nearby so I need some suggestions on what brands and models to search for before hitting the road .My budget is up to $2000 for a front pair,but I"d rather be about $1200=1400.So far heard studio 60,polk lsi. monitor silver PSB image-what others should I be traveling to hear?How about Phase Technology=theres a dealer about 2hrs. away=is it worth the trip?Thank for any suggestions

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I would reccomend the studio series, 60 or 100's stay away from the 80's, the monitor nine was my first real speaker after getting some cerwin vegas ad a teenager. It was awsome, but the studio's are a whole new ballgame. I think you'd be happy with the 60's or 100's, if you can swing ity get the 100's. I understand how subjective speakers are, but paradigms measure a flat frequency response, for almost the entire audible range, see graphs from stereophile on line yourself. Thus when you choose a dynamic, capable speaker with flat freq response, your ensuring that you can contyrol the "sound " of the system by adjusting the front end of the system. Allowing one to choose components with flat or heightened reponse should you prefer a warm(tube amps) or bright sound(cdp with no 18-20khz attenuation or rolloff) I really feel the best thing about these speaker is the stay true to the signal. Good luck, if you can afford the 100's dont pass go.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.