AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like title says . . . Upgrading from the Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH because I just bought a new Panasonic 65VT30 . . .

Love the Pio, but of course it is 1.3 hdmi while the new TV is 3D ready with 1.4 hdmi, and the wife wants to watch 3d movies on the PS3 with Klipsch surround sound. I have a nice Klipsch reference series 7.1 set up now.

So, it is time for an upgrade in the AVR...

I am ready to buy (new) and am scouring the met discount deals and willing to be patient. But, Ineed some help on picking out the right AVR and keep a watch out for a great discount on it

In this thread, I am only asking Brand/Model suggestions (not for deals, that is a different thread) for The new AVR...I have not bought one in 3 1/2 years.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Get a player like a Panasonic BDT310, 3D and dual HDMI outs- one to the receiver for the audio and the other to the display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor /forum/post/21354829

Like title says . . . Upgrading from the Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH because I just bought a new Panasonic 65VT30 . . .

Love the Pio, but of course it is 1.3 hdmi while the new TV is 3D ready with 1.4 hdmi, and the wife wants to watch 3d movies on the PS3 with Klipsch surround sound. I have a nice Klipsch reference series 7.1 set up now.

So, it is time for an upgrade in the AVR...

I am ready to buy (new) and am scouring the met discount deals and willing to be patient. But, Ineed some help on picking out the right AVR and keep a watch out for a great discount on it

In this thread, I am only asking Brand/Model suggestions (not for deals, that is a different thread) for The new AVR...I have not bought one in 3 1/2 years.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrpro3 /forum/post/21355183

Get a player like a Panasonic BDT310, 3D and dual HDMI outs- one to the receiver for the audio and the other to the display.

Definitely going to pick up--when I find a good sale--a BDT310.

With the new Panny 65VT30 coming Monday, I think I will still desire a higher end AVR to take full advantage of 3D for cable programming to . . . I am under the impression I cannot do that with my existing Pio 94txh.

I have the PS3 for 3D gaming. Also, we listen to alot of iPad/iPod music . . .

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhetor /forum/post/21357097

Definitely going to pick up--when I find a good sale--a BDT310.

With the new Panny 65VT30 coming Monday, I think I will still desire a higher end AVR to take full advantage of 3D for cable programming to . . . I am under the impression I cannot do that with my existing Pio 94txh.

I have the PS3 for 3D gaming. Also, we listen to alot of iPad/iPod music . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrpro3 /forum/post/21355183

Did some research with your suggestion . . . Went ahead and ordered on your advice the BDT310...at a good price...the two HDMI outs will serve me well for continuing to temporarily use the Pio 94txh . . . And the bdt310 will match well with the Panny 65vt30 coming on Monday.

Thanks for the advice!

And the addition of the bdt310 should give me the time I need to wait out a great deal on a top tier 3d ready AVR (like the one I missed last Sunday on the Denon 4311ci) that will work good with my Klipsch Reference 7.1 system and the new Panny 3d tv. Plus, I really like the features of the bdt310 over my old fatty PS3 for movies (I like the built in conversion of 2D to 3D in the bdt310).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts