1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok I am trying to back up my ps3 to transfer to the new one. When I plug in the usb it says an unknown usb device is attached. The external is in NTFS does it need to be fat 32?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/14262408

ok I am trying to back up my ps3 to transfer to the new one. When I plug in the usb it says an unknown usb device is attached. The external is in NTFS does it need to be fat 32?

Correct, just format it to FAT32 and the PS3 should see it with no problems.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aletuner /forum/post/14262329

Here are a couple of good sources for info:

Just be sure to use caution when removing the hard drive nai... well, I'm sure those other threads cover that...

I saw that coming from a mile away.. Just from reading the Thread title I knew someone would make a nails/screw reference.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskyz /forum/post/14262509

I saw that coming from a mile away.. Just from reading the Thread title I knew someone would make a nails/screw reference.

*waves hand in front of ndskyz's face* You have no idea why I wrote that. Move along.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
And the descent begins....

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
screws were no problem as long as you attack them at the right angle and use a jewelers set

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Good deal! Let us know how it turns out. I just might swap mine out soon for a larger drive!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndskyz /forum/post/14262509

i just talked to vince and he just told me to tell you guys:

lol...guess what, you just go added to my sh!tl!st... lol... cuz i make so much money lol... and u r so poor and stupid cuz im from NYC and ur from somewhere else that don't make as much lol. i'm the queen bee-otch! lol

i'm a computer tech and make so much $$ lol...

please note that this satire is fully intended to get me placed on vince's ignore/sh!t list since i missed the thread.

·
Registered
145 Posts
For those of you who have replaced your hard drives....

Do you have an recommendations as far as what screw drivers to use? I think I remember reading somewhere that a certain type/size of screw driver worked best for removing the screws without stripping them but I can't remember where I saw it.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know....

·
Registered
947 Posts
I used a phillips head tip from my craftsman cordless drill bit and screw driver set. I had no problems with the screws on the PS3 HDD.

·
Registered
374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by so's your face /forum/post/14266672

i just talked to vince and he just told me to tell you guys:

lol...guess what, you just go added to my sh!tl!st... lol... cuz i make so much money lol... and u r so poor and stupid cuz im from NYC and ur from somewhere else that don't make as much lol. i'm the queen bee-otch! lol

i'm a computer tech and make so much $$ lol...

please note that this satire is fully intended to get me placed on vince's ignore/sh!t list since i missed the thread.

Do I really need to step in here?!?!?!!? LOL!

If you do happen to run into Vincent, please make sure you're in a very heavy automobile and then back up and do it about 30 more times.

For those of you swapping hard drives, please make sure your nails come out with the correct drill bit and don't strip them like the computer technician/financial analyst/real estate broker/english language mutilator...

"We thank you for your support...." - Bartles and James

·
Registered
374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchamblissII /forum/post/14267603

How would you format the external hdd to FAT32?

Plus it into your PC and then under utilities, you can choose to format the drive. Choose FAT32 and you're good to go.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts