AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has successfully upgraded a SAT-W60 to a larger HD. While the posted upgrade instructions listed in the FAQ refer to RCA I would think that the process would be the same but you never know. (Specfically the WinHex method seems the most risk free but far more complicated.)

Also, picking the right drive seems to somewhat of a shot in the dark. Any suggestions or success stories for currently available drives from CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did one last night.

Complete succes to v 3.5.

Making the 32 megs image out of a UTV HD at v3.5 is the hardest took me 2 days to get it right.

Made a backup out of the v3.7 image trying to make it work as the v3.5 but no sucess with that yet.

Upgrade was done to 105 hrs of recording with a Western Digital 120 gigs

Hd bought at BestBuy model used the same id posted on this forum ,dont have it on hand the info.

Looks like the Sony UTV has 1 more Heat sink then the RCA and the cabling to the front panel looks diffrent other then that same unit inside.

Good luck

sp

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if my system is already at 3.7 the image process won't work? Is my only (reliable) option to install a new drive and let the system auto-load?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do any of you have the original SAT-W60, that is, the one with the black front panel ?

If so, does your unit support Control S IN / S-Link ? (miniplug jack on the back panel)

What is the p/n of your remote ? (begins with RM; on front of remote)

Thanks,

roym

·
Registered
266 Posts
I successfully upgraded my SAT-W60 with a WD120 GB drive back in April. I pretty much followed the directions for the RCA upgrade and it came off without a hitch. If you're familiar with doing PC upgrades doing the UTV box won't be hard. The biggest pain was having to set up all of the records again. It's so nice to be able to record more than 20 shows :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.