AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am ready to start upgrading to some nicer speakers. I have a Samsung Home Theatre in a box, and was curious if speakers that did not come with it would be compatible? I am eventually planning on buying a separate receiver but wanted to know if I could upgrade the speakers first.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hard to say since we haven't heard them. On some HTIB the speakers are connected by rca cable so you cannot use tradition speaker wire systems. Also depending on the system some are set up for speakers that come with it (very small satellites and sub) with a very high cross over that cannot be changed. Also what kind of speakers are you looking at? I looked up one HTIB system that claimed 1000w and thought this was impossible. It included the sub at peak and 5 speakers powered at 144w 5% thd. Most amps rate the power at 0.05% THD. I wouldn't higher end speakers with that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a few friends who are running inceiling speakers off of their previous HTIB setup, the sound is fairly decent at moderate volumes, but the distortion really picks up at higher volumes and the bass is muted IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts