AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an old Bose Accoustimas system (from 1998) with a Sony Receiver. I would like to upgrade my system to something new. I am not sure where I should be going (I like good audio/video but i am not a super expert).

My TV is fine, so what I need is a new receiver, and speakers. I have an Xbox-360, Sony PS3, and comcast cable box so will need 3 hdmi inputs. My TV is a Toshiba Regza LCD.

I was looking at the Bose LifeStyle V30 and the Sony bdv-IT 1000ES.

Any good recommendations? Obviously I would like to spend less, but I want something that will give me good sound and last a while (my old system is 12 years old and still works).

EDIT: I also like form factor as a small profile is great

THank you

·
Registered
573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 /forum/post/18223549

Hello,

I have an old Bose Accoustimas system (from 1998) with a Sony Receiver. I would like to upgrade my system to something new. I am not sure where I should be going (I like good audio/video but i am not a super expert).

My TV is fine, so what I need is a new receiver, and speakers. I have an Xbox-360, Sony PS3, and comcast cable box so will need 3 hdmi inputs. My TV is a Toshiba Regza LCD.

I was looking at the Bose LifeStyle V30 and the Sony bdv-IT 1000ES.

Any good recommendations? Obviously I would like to spend less, but I want something that will give me good sound and last a while (my old system is 12 years old and still works).

EDIT: I also like form factor as a small profile is great

THank you

Mentioning the word Bose on this site will get you stoned (unless its a negative remark). Bose is perceived as extremely over priced for what you get.

Your best bet is to go to a store and listen to a few different set ups. Based on what you want, it sounds like a home theater in a box is what you need, and there is a section dedicated to that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously by my post count (now 2) I am very new to this forum and there are many sub-forums. Which did you have in mind?

I am aware of the BOSE perception, and price. The price is why I am looking to research other brands. I like great sound, but I am no expert. I have to say, the bose system working for 12 years and still kicking strong today made that purchase worth every penny - but if i can get equal quality at a cheaper price I would be stupid to not get it. Though if the trade off is getting a less expensive system that will only last me a few years, as opposed to a way more expensive system that will last me over a decade...well the more expensive system is good. I tend to keep my "toys" clean, in great condition, etc.

The Bose is a boxed system so I am OK with that. Something that is plug-n-play works fine for me.

Thank you again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts