AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold my Panasonic TH-42PZ80U and I want to upgrade to a 50" plasma. I'm looking to spend between $700-1000 with $1100 being the max. I need it to be 1080p and 3D isn't even a concern for me right now. It will be used primarily for Blu-ray movies (PLAYSTATION 3/HDMI) and gaming (Xbox 360/HDMI) so decent black levels/motion for movies and no/minimal input lag for gaming is a must. My 42PZ80U was great to me even though it wasn't a high-end plasma it did it's job well for the price I paid. Never had any issues with it even though it was used HEAVILY for gaming and have decided to stick with plasma for my replacement.

I've been researching these forums (obviously, lol) and have come up with a short list to choose from:

Panasonic TC-P50S2

Panasonic TC-P50G20

Samsung PN50C550G1F

Should I be considering any other model or brand? I would prefer to stick with my budget but I might be tempted to go within $1100-1300 price range if a good deal can be had on a higher-end plasma. Any and all help/suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right... I found the Samsung PN58C500 in that price range. How's that model compared to the PN50C550G1F?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The S2 isn't a bad set either. It can be had very, very cheap right now so keep your eyes peeled. I am positive it can be found on the lower end of your stated price range.

That leaves quite a bit of extra coin for gaming. The other two sets are great however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.