AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently (today) picked up from Time Warner, the Explorer 3100HD cable box. Here's a list of equip below and the dilemna I'm having.

-Explorer 3100HD cable box w/component & S video out

-Sony 4ES (component in but no switching between component & S video)

-Panasonic Showstopper-(no component in)

-Sony 1270 Q (25 feet from my equip. rack)RGBsync in & S video in.

With the above equip. what is the best way to wire this all together? I can feed the component signal into the reciever but would have to bypass the REplay unit and go directly to the projector. How do I convert the RGB to RGB sync to go into the projector (or do I need to?)

I do have an iscan linedoubler but it only has s video in and no component input.

Any help is appreciated.

Neal

·
Registered
39 Posts
I believe that you will need a component to RGB transcoder to hook up the cable box to the projector. I know that ones made by Key Digital have a good reputation on this board. It basically will take the component input and give you an RGB output. Note that the HD signal (1080i/720p) will only be output from your cable box through the component outputs and not through S-video, so to get the full benefit of this set-up a transcoder is a must. I am not sure, but the video signal should be output similtaneuosly via component and S-video outputs so you can hook up your Panasonic via an S-video cable.

I do not see a role for the line doubler, since you are already getting an image which is superior to 480p via component outputs (I assume that you are planning to only watch HDTV on your projector, regular TV is not a pretty sight, no matter what you do). The one possible use would be to hook up a DVD player to it if you have one that only outputs 480i or has a internal doubler that is inferior to the external one you have.

Hope this helps

Rafi

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.