AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been reader of this site for a while now and have been researching to find answers to my question but I couldn't find one...

I cancelled digital cable service from TWC several months ago but then I realized that they didn't discontinue the feed. So I've been receiving cable feed on my old tv with its internal tuner(analog tv). Now I'm thinking of upgrading to an hdtv but depends on few factors. I'm not too familiar with hd technology but it seems I would lose my cable since hdtv won't be able to read analog feed, correct?

Also even though I'm less than 10 miles for all New York City's major OTA network (according to antennaweb), I had trouble with analog reception, I think b/c I'm in an apt on the opposite end from the signal source. There was so much snow it was practically unwatchable. Will this be improved with digital OTA?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Any new TV will still have an NTSC tuner so you'll be able to get all the chs you get now via the current TV (and the clear QAM ones). I'll let others chime in about the legalities of this.

You might get some DTV chs via OTA, but you might have some multipath issues which may result in a lot of break ups. If you do get any digital chs there won't be any snow to worry about - just a clean crisp picture (assuming no break ups).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.