AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i have a set of the primus p362's i picked up when fry's had them on sale. I now see the KEF speakers are on sale for great prices. I have an Onkyo 606 receiver which has served me well thus far.

Anyone ever owned or heard both sets? I am looking at the Kef Iq7's or 5's, or even the bookshelf size...no preference, but i like to listen loud when i do.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
29,192 Posts
What kind of music do you listen to? And what about the Infinity 362 don't you like? KEFs are not for everyone. I strongly recommend you listen to them first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wide variety...mostly mid/old rock (metallica, ac/dc, clapton, etc) and then a little of everything else (no rap, no super heavy metal). I do watch movies a bit too. 60/40 i would say.

As for the Infinity front 3 i have....very happy with them for the bucks spent. But i just thought if this would be a nice upgrade i could put the current stuff down stairs and have these in my man room. Would like something a little cleaner in the top end of the music. I think it would be described as bright, but i dont like bright like Klipsch bright...they wore me out when i auditioned them. No Kef dealer near, so this would be a blind...or rather deaf buy. If i hated them, i figure i could sell them and get most if not all my money back at the current prices they are.

·
Registered
29,192 Posts
From my experience with KEF speakers, rock, rap and metal is not their strong point. They do have clear vocals and instruments though. I think they'd be better for classical and jazz more than rock or rap.

Bass is not their strong point either so I hope you have a sub. I've listened to the iQ1 and iQ7. They will play loudly though.

Give em a try, like you said you'd have no problem selling them. Plus you've got 30 days to return if you buy from Vanns.com.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathman /forum/post/15558410

I now see the KEF speakers are on sale for great prices.

That they are

Quote:

Anyone ever owned or heard both sets?

Doesn't matter if any of us have, YOU need to as none of us hear things or like things exactly like you do.

Quote:

I am looking at the Kef Iq7's or 5's, or even the bookshelf size...no preference, but i like to listen loud when i do.

I have iQ1 in front with an iQ2 centre and 2001.2 for rears and they get loud enough for me. I have been contemplating upgrading the fronts to iQ5 and move the iQ1 to the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts