AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a Yamaha 2400 AV receiver and would like to upgrade, first with the amp then pre amp. Here are a few considerations, I want the best bang for your buck amp. That does not mean money is no object, it means I want to get the best for the money. It will be used for home theater and music (everything but rap). Right now I will use the Yamaha for the pre pro.

Room size is medium

Speakers

Mains Paradigm Monitor 7's

Center Paradigm 350

Rears Paradigm Atom

Sub Def tech

I am really new to the separates side of electronics. I appreciate your info.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Hard to give you any good advice (although that won't stop some :) without an overall budget. There are HT amps from 2 to 7 channels and from $100 to $350,000. What are your expectations and listening habits? Also, are you open to buying used? You can save a ton of money on amps...

John

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, John may be right; my advice may not be any good but I'm going to go ahead and suggest you look at the Outlaw 755 -- a 5 x 200 watt amp for under $1,200. That's a lot of amplifier for the money. Another possibility would be to look at used amps on Audiogon or another such site.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
to be honest, with the monitor 7's, don't worry about it. save your money.

If you had at least Monitor 11's, I'd say go for it, but the yammie should be able to power those 7's good enough for most rooms.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
The Yamaha is fine for Monitor 7's...when you want the best bang for your buck, you usually need to indicate what your buck is...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Your system looks pretty good the way it is, the Yamaha should be able to feed more than enough power to that set-up, the 7's rock and should open up nicely with what you have. I have a comprable Receiver and it powers my set-up very well, I may add an Amp soon as I have 11's for Mains and my Surrounds are 7's so my set-up may be a little more demanding however it does rock out very well as is.

Good Luck

Denon AVR-3805

2 x Paradigm Monitor 11's Mains

2 x Paradigm Monitor 7's Surrounds

1 x Paradigm CC-370 Center

1 x Paradigm PW-2100 Sub

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.