AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a Denon 4802 receiver and use two Parasound Halo A-23 amps with a Halo A-52 amp for external amplification. I've been considering taking the leap to seperates, namely, the Parasound Halo C2 processor. My question goes out to any and all owners of C2's that might have upgraded from a Denon 4802. In particular, what is the difference in sound for redbook cd's? Any other effective processing modes for redbook cd's other than Dolby Pro Logic II or DTS Neo:6? Finally, any experience with the infamous "ground" hum, and can it be eliminated through the use of XLR cables?

Thanks

Juan

·
Registered
200 Posts
Juan,

I don't have the identical setup, but I ordered a C2/A51 pair and the A51 came in three weeks before the C2. So I used my existing pioneer VSX-29Txi receiver as a preamp in the intervening time. It took me about three days to control the ground loop hum (I ending bonding all of the components with a single ground strap).

When I got the C2, I cabled with XLR cables (BlueJeansCable.com) and lost all of the ground loop hum.

The clarity of sound reproduction from both CD's and theater DVD's was much improved in all modes from 2 channel to PL-II; I prefer the 2 channel sound myself, so haven't spent tons of time with the processing modes.

Kind of like the OAR guys for video, my tendency is too listen to the sound in the original format.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I had a slight hum with my C2/A52 combo using Transparent IC's. I fixed it by flipping the ground lift switch on the A52.

I have XLR cables on order, so I'm hoping that I'll never have to worry about a ground loop again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.