AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
JVC, Seymour, Anthem, Parasound, Focal, Arendal, Kaleidescape, Apple, Xbox, PS, Nintendo, PC
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Jasper today to replace my Zephyr. Both systems have 120GB HDs. I pulled the HD from the older system and put it on the Jasper. I was able to start up and everything worked without issue. I put the new HD on the Zephyr system and checked it. It started up without issue as well with the HD pretty much blank.

I'm hoping someone can confirm if this is all I need to do in terms of my Live account, licenses, etc. Is there any other transfer/registration I need to perform?

I'm planning to sell the Zephyr and I don't want to have any issues with regards to my account. I figured swapping the HDs would be far quicker and easier than bothering with a transfer cable since both drives are the same size.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP /forum/post/18143501

I bought a Jasper today to replace my Zephyr. Both systems have 120GB HDs. I pulled the HD from the older system and put it on the Jasper. I was able to start up and everything worked without issue. I put the new HD on the Zephyr system and checked it. It started up without issue as well with the HD pretty much blank.

I'm hoping someone can confirm if this is all I need to do in terms of my Live account, licenses, etc. Is there any other transfer/registration I need to perform?

I'm planning to sell the Zephyr and I don't want to have any issues with regards to my account. I figured swapping the HDs would be far quicker and easier than bothering with a transfer cable since both drives are the same size.

Thanks!

You put the old hard drive on the new console and just use the License Migration Tool to transfer your content licenses to the new console.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.