AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently ugraded to 100GB. (I appreciate all the help from this forum. You people are great.)

I made a backup a the replaytv image on my PC's hard drive, then I copied it to a CD. My question is, what do I do with the backup now? Is it possible to upgrade to a larger hard drive using just the backup or does the upgrade have to use a hard drive to mirror from? How do you put the backup image on a hard drive?

Thank you for any help you may give. -mk

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
you can use the backup file to convert any hard drive into a replay drive

if you used the win2k patch you just set the target drive, click on 'restore target drive' and follow the instructions

there's a similar option under the linux x-window

as for the linux boot disc hopefully someone else can chime in with help...

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikek
I just recently ugraded to 100GB. (I appreciate all the help from this forum. You people are great.)

I made a backup a the replaytv image on my PC's hard drive, then I copied it to a CD. My question is, what do I do with the backup now? Is it possible to upgrade to a larger hard drive using just the backup or does the upgrade have to use a hard drive to mirror from? How do you put the backup image on a hard drive?

Thank you for any help you may give. -mk
PRMAN provided the answer http://replayfaq.reidpix.com/faq.asp?id=98

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. Yes, I am using the Linux boot disc. I saw that answer to the FAQ when I was doing my search to find the answer, but I wasn't clear what "to put it back" meant. So it means that I can put the image from my cd to a new hard drive. Okay thanks. -mk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.