Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

Sorry that last part kills you every time! Looking at the forum layout, this could go in either direction. I flipped a coin…

The 2 oldest pieces of my system are the receiver and the speakers. I think I got them on sale when Lechmere went out of business.

Sony Str-D550Z receiver & Infinity Minuette speakers.

It all sounds Good but I know it can sound Better. The receiver is early surround sound so that the rear channel is the same for left & right. I have HDTV via Comcast Cable so I could now take advantage of a digital 5.1 audio input.

As I live currently live in an apartment so I probably won’t use a sub-woofer, and the room layout isn’t so that I can have a 6.1 system with the side channels. I watch a lot of different things, but movies and sports are generally what I care about for decent sound.

So If I can upgrade 1 piece now and one after the silly season (X-mas) , what would people recommend I do first for the best yield. Any suggestions for the sub-$400 budget?

Thanks in advance

-Alan

·
Registered
161 Posts
I believe that your speakers have the biggest effect when upgrading. It all depends on what you want to spend but I would start with the highest quality speakers you can afford.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I didn't see your sub $400 budget. I would recommend something from Energy or Paradigm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.