AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it is possible to upgrade an XG110 to accept component video? Can I swap a system board or firmware from a newer chassis that supports component video? Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Curt, Terry, Doug, anyone...

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Gary,

I could be wrong, but I don't think this is easily accomplished. As far as I know the only unit that accept component are the 852? and the 1352. In order for them to do this there would be hardware changed on the input section as well as firmware sor selection.

I guess the better question is what are you trying to accomplish that a transcoder can't do for you??

Terry

·
Registered
869 Posts
Terry is right. The XG xxx2 series are the only units that can accept a component input. 1999/2000 mfg XG-852 and 1352 units.

Jeff in Detroit

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I was hoping to bypass a transcoder since their picture quality can be hit or miss. I guess I will have to wait for Mike's transcoder since I assume it will be top notch.

Terry,

In another thread you mentioned a flaw you were tracking down and once corrected would put the XG on the same level as a MP modded 9500. Can you elaborate further on this?

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Gary,

I would rather not right now as I haven't finished testing. Once it is complete (if I am successful) it _should_ produce a very nice picture.

Terry

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the NEC IDC 3000 Scan Converter (line doubler) it has a DB-15 connector for RGB in with pass through. Would this facilitate the same capability as a transcoder allowing me to connnect component inputs (with proper cable converstion from component to DB-15) to allow me to go out with RGB H/V to the projector?

Terry,

When your mods are fully tested, I be interested in them for my XG1100.

Thanks,

jZed

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
The ideal super cool transcoder would be one that fit in an XG input slot. Pretty limited market though.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.