AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else here get a UPN DTV feed? I just set up my HTPC and have been trying different channels. I recorded some of Buffy off UPN last night and noticed that the feed was 1920x1080i. The actual display is inside that feed is at a very weird resolution. Its stretched to approximately 1690x1080, much wider than the other bordered feeds inside 1080i feeds. Just wondering if anyone else has UPN and has noticed their stuff is at this weird setting. Also does anyone know if UPN plans to do any true HDTV broadcasts in the near future? Its a shame that they have it and aren't putting it to use.

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,771 Posts
Each local UPN DTV station may use different broadcast formats. You need to be specific with your location.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Indianapolis. I actually want to know what the formats are like in other areas, see if they are stretching the image in this weird fashion everywhere. If its just mine I'll go complain that they keep it at a normal 4:3 for FS shows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.