AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this mentioned on a Canadian Forum. UPN is broadcasting a movie evey Saturday night at 8:00 pm in HDTV. It was said that they will play all the Star Trek movies in a row, one each Saturday night. Has anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
A simple websearch of "UPN HDTV" yields lots of references to "Enterprise" (the series, but not any movies) having been shot in an HD format but I've never seen anything to indicate that UPN would actually broadcast the show in HDTV. This would not be without precedent: a number of Fox shows are shot in 720p/24 or 1080p/24 but are only distributed and broadcast in 480p or 480i.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No this is not Enterprise. This is a movie package called HD ONE for UPN stations every Saturday night at 8:00pm. It is a movie in HD on Saturday nights.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
From Mark Schubin

On The Mark, January 27, 1999

Where's the programming?

At this coming week's convention of the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) in New Orleans, Paramount will unveil its "HD One" package of 39 high- definition movie titles, including the first two "Godfather" movies, the first six "Star Trek" movies, "Fatal Attraction," and "Raiders of the Lost Ark." It's to be available on a commercial-barter basis, for two showings per title per "digital signal" (multicast? station?).

The bad news? The earliest it can be seen is the fall of 2001 (it will be available from then through the 2004-5 season).

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
The Paramount "HD One" package is syndicated. It has nothing to do with UPN. Any station could pick up the package. (limit one per market)

WKBD Detroit aired the first movie in the package last Saturday.

And it's a movie per month, not week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.