AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nec 1040 projector and its supposed to be progresive scan, but when i bought my new sony dvd player with progressive scan the picture is great but the upper part of the screen seems to be a little curvy, not really noticeble only when lines are going up there but still can see them, anyone had a problem with this? Its just the upper of the screen the rest is great. when off mode for progresive it works fine. Any help would be appreciated it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
It sounds like your projector might be having a problem with the macrovision protection of the DVD. My previous projector, an NEC LT100, had this issue with the progressive component signals.

To find out for certain, try a DVD that you know does not contain macrovision (I believe this would be all MGM titles). If the bending does not occur, then the macrovision is the issue.

If it is, you may be able to get a firmware update on the projector. If NEC does not offer that, you could get a macrovision-free DVD player, or have a macrovision-free mod done to your existing player. I had the mod done on my RP56 and it solved my problem.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.