AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the very beginning stages of setting up a wired home network with a media server that will probably run unraid.

My work has a tired, old UPS that I can have. I would need to replace the battery so wanted to check with others to determine if it is worth the expense. It is an APC SU1000RMNET with APC AP9606 Web/SNMP Management SmartSlot Card. Specs on the UPS can be found when you google "APC SU1000RMNET" (I can't post links yet). A new battery looks like it will run me about $80 depending on shipping costs.

Is this worth using? I'm looking for a UPS that will shutdown my computers when a power failure occurs.

thanks for your help!

·
UHD Addict
38,946 Posts
For only $80 for the battery it sounds like a good deal. What I just read about the APC SU1000RMNET shows that it outputs a sine wave too.

Although I've been running my electronics on UPSs with stepped since wave output for the last decade with no issues either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.