AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone compared these UPS units with some of the power conditioners, regenerators currently associated with audio.

For example

Why would I spend 4700 USD (a good deal actually) on a used Monster Power HT7000 when I could get a good UPS at a fraction of that cost?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
A UPS introduces noise in home theater systems. Line conditioners eliminate noise. A UPS is a battery/cap used mainly for storage of energy for backing-up files on PCs and servers. The joule ratings on a line conditioner are enough to protect HT equipment, but a UPS cannot protect the same as a line conditioner. Russ has several Monster line conditioners in his system: www.uhte.com ($4mill Disney home theater gig).

·
Registered
435 Posts
Energeezer,

I hope that was a typo about the HTPS7000 being 4700 USD. I would assume that you meant $700 (shift 4). Otherwise, I'll find an HTPS7000 and sell you one for a mere 4000USD! ;)

You're right Brian about the bridges (cable elevators). Hmmm...maybe I should try that with my Shunyata Python and Purist Audio Design Colossus II and Proteus PCs. ;)

Ken

Cable Elevators

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
But doesn't all your HT equipment power go through transformers in the equipment? So would "clean" power really be necessary? Don't the transformers clean the power in a similar way that the power conditioners do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.