AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many discussions (everywhere) about how the RX-V667 (HTR6063) has difficulty upconverting / upscaling the component input back through the HDMI output to the TV. One work around has always been to input the component directly to the TV. Is this always the best way anyway?

Is this a valid complaint? And if so, how is it remedied?

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don't like the quality of my receiver's (HTR-8063) conversion of analogue sources to HDMI so I also have a component cable connected from my receiver to my TV. In general it will depend on which you think does a better job of handling the analogue signal, your receiver or your TV.

It shouldn't make much difference whether you bypass the receiver or pass component through it. If you only have one analogue video source then you might as well bypass it to save a cable. If you have more than one, like in my case, then I'd pass it through the receiver so you don't have to switch inputs as much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Ridge  /t/1418816/upscaling#post_22192560

I don't like the quality of my receiver's (HTR-8063) conversion of analogue sources to HDMI so I also have a component cable connected from my receiver to my TV. In general it will depend on which you think does a better job of handling the analogue signal, your receiver or your TV.

It shouldn't make much difference whether you bypass the receiver or pass component through it. If you only have one analogue video source then you might as well bypass it to save a cable. If you have more than one, like in my case, then I'd pass it through the receiver so you don't have to switch inputs as much.

I guess I am not making myself clear enough...

A lot of people are complaining about the AVR to display ANYTHING or display VERY POOR with the following hook-up:

HDMI-in from TV to the AVR's HDMI-out.

Xbox 360 component cable to AVR's component-in.

Just two cables...no component monitor-out from AVR. Letting the receiver handle the component-in and passing it through the HDMI-out to the TV.

Is this a problem of the HTR6063? Or can this be resolved by a firmware update or a change of settings somewhere. I have no desire to purchase a new system if this problem truly exists...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellontes  /t/1418816/upscaling#post_22192604

A lot of people are complaining about the AVR to display ANYTHING or display VERY POOR with the following hook-up:

HDMI-in from TV to the AVR's HDMI-out.

Xbox 360 component cable to AVR's component-in.

I haven't heard a lot of people complain about this exact setup. Are you saying it doesn't work for you? If so, then what problem do you have? Are you seeing nothing, or you seeing a very poor display?

If on the other hand you're not experiencing this problem then why are you so concerned about it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Ridge  /t/1418816/upscaling#post_22193262

I haven't heard a lot of people complain about this exact setup. Are you saying it doesn't work for you? If so, then what problem do you have? Are you seeing nothing, or you seeing a very poor display?

If on the other hand you're not experiencing this problem then why are you so concerned about it?

I have been inquiring on the HTR6063 (RX-V667) for several days now - and believe me that is a lot of forums other than this one (which does mention this problem, btw)

I am concerned about it because I am looking to purchase. At present, my Sony STRDG820 does not provide a picture via the component cable directly into the AVR and the HDMI going to the TV.

Unfortunately, all those other people from the other forums aren't here at present to voice their concerns, but it is a reality...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellontes  /t/1418816/upscaling#post_22193538

Unfortunately, all those other people from the other forums aren't here at present to voice their concerns, but it is a reality...

If you're certain the problem is real and you plan on using the receiver in the setup you described then obviously you shouldn't buy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Ridge  /t/1418816/upscaling#post_22194404

If you're certain the problem is real and you plan on using the receiver in the setup you described then obviously you shouldn't buy it.

The only thing I am certain of is that OPERATORS are having this problem. It does not mean that it is the AVR's problem.

The reality is that problems exist. I am trying to ascertain whether this is a specific problem of the AVR or not.

It reminds me of how unknowledgeable people purchase their first computer. They are clueless and often take it back to the store complaining about a problem when it is is a simple instruction or simple fix...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts