AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a HD70. Currently its mounted about 6'7 feet on a shelf right side up. To get it to project correctly I have it at a very very steep angle I forget the term, but its the sort of projector to where the screen needs to be higher than the projector. Like it projects the rectangle aiming up. I have to do pretty much the max key stoning to get the image correct. At first I was fine with a /|___|\\ Picture. But now its bothering me, and to know that I'm losing out on clarity has finally got to me.

So, I need to come up with a way to mount it upside down. For right now this projector is my baby, and I want to mount it in a way that it's not dependant on my handy work. As in, mounting on the underside of the shelf.

Can you guys clarify a few things:

1. Can the projector just simply be laid on its back? I'm thinking of making some sort of rig that its the most basic, and keeps a gap for the zoom knob / buttons (so they aren't mashed on the shelf). I'm thinking something bad will happen with lens/bulb.. Something?

2. Is there a universal mount that could be used and just treat the shelf as a ceiling and mount it that way.

I'm trying to fix this by super bowl Sunday.

3. I MIGHT just use some rubber stoppers, put those on 4 corners. Place the projector, place a few security L brackets in front of the projector. And adjust the angle by adding more rear stoppers. The projector is pretty high up, so the only person that can see the setup is God and me. The L brackets just make it so the thing doesn't fly off the front of the shelf.

I'd love to get any good clear suggestions (with cost in mind.)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Airflow often depends on the top of a projector having some airspace around it.

I have an aluminum "L" bracket attached at the front mount-point and another across the two back mount-points (the screws that would attach to a normal mount bracket) and the L brackets sit across shelf supports. You could just drill through a shelf and mount the projector to the underside.

C

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.