AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I spent today using $100 antennas, $2 bowties, amplifiers, rabbit ears, yada yada yada. I hung them high and I hung them low. I couldn't get a single signal lock.

I heard the positive comments on the Silver Sensor, and the info that really caught my eye was on www.hdtvprimer.com . I'm surrounded by high-rises, and according to this site, my problem isn't distance for 98% of my channels, my problem is too much reflecting and bouncing from all these buildings.

I attached the Silver Sensor to the receiver and ba-boom, clear beautiful digital reception all over the dial. After 15 minutes of playing around, I've found a position on top of the set that picks up nearly all the digital channels in my area. I'm getting better results than I had with an amplified antenna I placed about 6 feet above my roofline.

I'm in San Francisco and the only two channels I couldn't get are in San Jose which is very far away. Most people can't get NBC 11 in San Jose on analog televisions, and since the SS is essentially a UHF antenna, the problem is further exascerbated by the fact that NBC 11 uses VHF 12 for digital signals. I may mess with it some more but I'm happy, overjoyed even with this good fortune.

Rush to Best Buy, Sears, or your favorite online retailer and get this antenna!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.