AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting here laughing as I just discovered something.


I had all of the URC software programs uploaded to a public hosting site. They stayed there for ~4 months.


I've given about a dozen people links to the different programs.


Well, someone in this section was looking for the MX-850 software. Well, I go to my hosting site to get the link. What's this, no more software!


I figure either someone ratted my stash out, or someone from URC stumbled upon it.


I let out a little chuckle.


Then I hit the upload button and put the 850 program on there again and sent him the new link



URC's policies can bite me.


-brien
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormanq45 /forum/post/0


Anyone want to respond?

I'd be grateful for a PM. I can't remember where I bought my MX-700, and it's been six months without my needing to make a change to any of my configurations. I'd be thrilled to get the latest and greatest if it includes the codes needed for my new HD-XA2.


I was willing to forgive the five character, ALL CAPS limitations on my MX-700 for the sheer ergonomics of the buttons. However, lack of support may have me going over to the Harmony camp. The silly thing is that unauthorized dealers get the product as a result of URC, not in spite of them. If they wanted to control distribution, they should, wait for it, control distribution. Aggravating their customers is simply silly.


Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Do you have the live update version for the MX-3000? I recently bought the MX-3000 from an authorized dealer and they have done nothing to get me access to the software or the Alpha graphics package!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Who cares? I'm sure you can find better things to do with your time then dish out software. I highly doubt what your doing is affecting URC. Your just wasting your time. KArma Son
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I enjoy helping other people where the host company has turned their back on them.


This to me is an ignorant move on their part.


If you ask me for the software and I don't have it, i'll get it within a day or two. That's it.


Why would I do this you ask? Because i'm helping someone else in my spare time. It's not like i'm at work while I'm doing this. PM me once. You'll notice you only get a response around 7~9am or 9~12pm. No work then, and I'm usually on the computer



-brien


PS: If you guys want the software PM me. It's easier to keep track of who I've responded to that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosThe AVMani /forum/post/0


Who cares?

Actually. I DO!


And by having the software ahead of the remote, I made the decision to buy the URC. This was based upon my trying it, liking the interface, despite the supposed lack of support from URC.


As it stands, I just updated my database AND I got a PM from URC offering help with a knotty (for me) problem getting my 63" Philips to work with my MX-850.


SO, poormanq helped me and made a sale for URC!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosThe AVMani /forum/post/0


Who cares? I'm sure you can find better things to do with your time then dish out software. I highly doubt what your doing is affecting URC. Your just wasting your time. KArma Son

Why would somebody go through the trouble of registering to become a member of a forum (a great forum at that) just to post one time to say something negative and mean spirited to someone who enjoys being helpful?



Some people-sheesh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormanq45 /forum/post/0


Actually I enjoy helping other people where the host company has turned their back on them.


This to me is an ignorant move on their part.


If you ask me for the software and I don't have it, i'll get it within a day or two. That's it.


Why would I do this you ask? Because i'm helping someone else in my spare time. It's not like i'm at work while I'm doing this. PM me once. You'll notice you only get a response around 7~9am or 9~12pm. No work then, and I'm usually on the computer



-brien


PS: If you guys want the software PM me. It's easier to keep track of who I've responded to that way.


poormanq45,


This is what makes AVS such a great place for AV help!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tase2 /forum/post/0


Why would somebody go through the trouble of registering to become a member of a forum (a great forum at that) just to post one time to say something negative and mean spirited to someone who enjoys being helpful?
Some people-sheesh

Maybe it's a current member who is too embarassed to post such mean-spirited stuff under his known screen name . . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/0


Maybe it's a current member who is too embarassed to post such mean-spirited stuff under his known screen name . . . .

Didn't think about that, but now that you mention it, that didn't have the look of a first time poster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts

Hello! Not sure if this is still an active thread, but I would LOVE to get the command software for the MX-3000. Any help would be much appreciated! URC can also bite my ass. 
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top