AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get my MX-450 to control my projector screen which has an IR remote / controller. I have created a new device called screen and tried "teaching" the up, down and stop commands to the remote. It says "Good" and saves the command but when I point it at the screen controller it doesn't work. Any ideas?

I tried programming to soft buttons and even to the ON/OFF buttons but no luck. I even tried making a macro which repeated the command a bunch of times.

I will eventually be using a MRF-350 with an IR flasher pointed at the screen controller so I could try adjusting the IR emmiter strength then but I doubt that will work if pointing the "taught" remote right at the eye doesn't.

I'm wondering if this is due to the narrow IR range that the MX-450 has. Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hi gsoto,

If you haven't already, try the short tap and long press learn methods. That is, try a learn where you only press the original remote's button briefly, and another where you press and hold the button.

I've had a few commands that my MX-450 wouldn't learn from the orignal remote. What I ended up doing is using a USB-UIRT to capture the commands into Pronto HEX format, and then blasting them out of the USB-UIRT to the MX-450. I've also downloaded known good Pronto HEX codes for a device, and used the USB-UIRT to blast / teach the MX-450.

A USB-UIRT is $50. Another option would be to get a JP1 type remote and a JP1 programming cable, about the same price as the USB-UIRT. It would allow you to do basically the same thing. I'm not a JP1'er, but, there are a number of members here who are and would be able to help.

Jonathan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts