AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering by one of these two remotes, but I am wondering what the main differences are? I only have a one room system so I am not too concerned about the multi-room capabilities.

Also does anyone know if the mx-900 can be programmed to remember the state of a device. My concern is that, because many of my components have the same bottonto turn the power on and off, when I switch between macros it will turn a device off when it needs to be on.

Finally, does anyone know about the differences between the MRF-260 and the MRF-350? Do they both do RF really well without suffering problems due to interference?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS1977 /forum/post/13010459

I am considering by one of these two remotes, but I am wondering what the main differences are? I only have a one room system so I am not too concerned about the multi-room capabilities.

There are quire a few differences. In addition to the color graphics display and rechargeable battery, the MX-980 also has some advanced programming capabilities via the use of variables (too much to explain here).

Quote:
Also does anyone know if the mx-900 can be programmed to remember the state of a device. My concern is that, because many of my components have the same bottonto turn the power on and off, when I switch between macros it will turn a device off when it needs to be on.

No, it can't. However, many components have discrete on/off commands available, even if they're not on the remotes that came with the components. Through the use of variables, the MX-980 can "remember" what's already on. The MX-810 can do this as well.

Quote:
Finally, does anyone know about the differences between the MRF-260 and the MRF-350? Do they both do RF really well without suffering problems due to interference?

Thanks

Usually yes. Take a look at this .

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mike:

Thanks for the reply! I've decided to go with the MRF 350, but I am still undecided between the MX-900 and the MX-980. Obviously the 980 has more of the cool factor; the rechargeable battery; motion sensor and the variables. I guess what I'm really asking is (1) in a simple one room setup is the 980 worth the extra cost; and (2) which of the 2 remotes would it be easier for people other than me (i.e. my fiance) to use?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had the same decision to make. I spoke with Robert from Value-electronics (avs sponsor and authorized dealer) and he said, in my situation, which is similar to yours, that the 900 would be more than capable and could not see any real reason to spend the money other than the cool factor which does count for something.

I'm still early on the learning curve of this remote- I've yet to use the thing actually- still stuck trying to figure out how to input my mits hc4900 but i have not spent much time and I'm sure my quandary is something dumb I'm missing.

In any case, this was Robert's advice and he was quite helpful and knowledgable.

Dino

1 - 4 of 4 Posts