Registered
808 Posts
What firmware is your running?

Mine is 1.0.0.28

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Other devices / network controller
That is weird. And you've tried removing the battery for at least 15-20 seconds? Different USB connector and cable?

·
Registered
808 Posts
That is weird. And you've tried removing the battery for at least 15-20 seconds? Different USB connector and cable?
It is definitely the remote. I just connected by MX-980 and it worked immediately.

Ugh.

I could try resetting it to the factory defaults but that could make it inoperable if I couldn't get it connected again....

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
It is definitely the remote. I just connected by MX-980 and it worked immediately.

Ugh.

I could try resetting it to the factory defaults but that could make it inoperable if I couldn't get it connected again....
How does the MX-980 show as device? Under Other devices / URCHID?

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
It shows up under Mobile
My understanding is the 990, like the 1200, is a normal USB device and, unlike the 980, doesn't use mobile sync. URCHID is a device ID of an older WMS device (8xx/980). I just spoke to the dealer about this in case I have to move from the 1200 to some still in production device.

·
Registered
808 Posts
My understanding is the 990, like the 1200, is a normal USB device and, unlike the 980, doesn't use mobile sync. URCHID is a device ID of an older WMS device (8xx/980). I just spoke to the dealer about this in case I have to move from the 1200 to some still in production device.
I think you are right.

I decided to restore the MX-990 to factory defaults. I connected it to my computer and CCR was able to download the programming to it.

So, the remote works fine now although I don't know if I still have the docking reboot issue.

I don't see the remote in device manager but as long as I can make changes to it via CCR I am fine.

Are firmware updates available to consumers? I don't see anywhere that I can download an update, if one exists.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I think you are right.

I decided to restore the MX-990 to factory defaults. I connected it to my computer and CCR was able to download the programming to it.

So, the remote works fine now although I don't know if I still have the docking reboot issue.

I don't see the remote in device manager but as long as I can make changes to it via CCR I am fine.

Are firmware updates available to consumers? I don't see anywhere that I can download an update, if one exists.
I don't see my MX-990 in the device manager either, but in the Settings / Bluetooth & other devices, and in the Control Panel / Devices and Printers / Unspecified.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Cool. That battery should last a long time.

I am wondering if I should get the expert set up for an additional $102 :eek:
For $102, it must really be good :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I know this is a long shot but, has anyone been able to program a double home button press using the Shield TV and a Flirc?

·
Premium Member
18,274 Posts
I found another battery option:

Battery

Yet another battery option from Ebay (if one doesn't want to deal with Amazon) - search for item number 220657256639 (1330mAh)

This battery wasn't initially listed for the MX-890 but i bought one anyway and confirmed it fits my MX-890, and a year later it's still working perfectly.

I contacted the seller and had him add MX-890 to his description

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
It worked fine in my MX-990 as well as it did in my MX-980.
I've gotten a few batteries from Amazon. They've all been fine so far except the 1,800mAH. It's too big for the MX-1200 battery compartment.

·
Premium Member
10,247 Posts
Does anyone have the IR or hex code for "Home" for the new ATV 4K?
It turns out it's likely there is no IR Home command. The Harmony "Home" sends a long Menu which is close to one of the three current Home functions but useless if you want one of the others.

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
I think you are right.

So does the MX-990 "just work" in Windows 10 without all the drama of updating drivers & getting WMDC to open & talk to the MX-890?

·
Registered
808 Posts
So does the MX-990 "just work" in Windows 10 without all the drama of updating drivers & getting WMDC to open & talk to the MX-890?
Mine does. It is certainly easier than updating the MX-980.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I'm using the MX-990 and don't use Mobile Sync for anything. I didn't install any drivers other than installing CCP. The only slight hiccup I've experienced is occasionally Windows will not recognize the remote when I plug it in, and I need to remove the cable, remove and re-install the battery. Once the remote reboots it's good to go again with Windows.

181 - 200 of 350 Posts