AVS Forum banner

221 - 240 of 350 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Windows mobile device

I have an MX-980, and am able to run Windows mobile device 6.1 on Windows 10 and connect to the URC. I used the utilities provided on the page below, which worked as recently as August, 2018. I can't vouch that the files on that site don't do anything other than what they say they do, but they did not trigger any anti-virus warning and worked for me.

http://www.junipersys.com/Juniper-Systems-Rugged-Handheld-Computers/support/Knowledge-Base/Support-Knowledge-Base-Topics/Desktop-Connection-ActiveSync-or-Windows-Mobile-Device-Center/WMDC-in-Windows-10

One last thing - after you do the install, you need to start WMD 6.1 before you start CCP.

--Charlie

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I have an mx-980 and the CCP programming. I bought a new desktop computer with Windows 10 v. 1809. With the 1809 version I can still use the CCP but I can't get the Windows Mobile Device Center to download. It works w/ version 1803 which I have on a laptop but version 1809 is something else. I've tried everything available but WMDC isn't going to work with 1809. I'm tired of fighting with WMDC and I'm wondering if I get a MX-990 can I use the 980's CCP to program? I've read that the 990 doesn't use WMDC but how do you download?
Click here and download the tech bulletin then follow the steps. Then go to the Services applet, and look for the “Windows Mobile-2003-based device connectivity” service. Double-click it to view it's properties, choose the “Log On” tab and select “Local System account” as the log on mode. Do the same for “Windows Mobile-based device connectivity.” I’ve had to go through these steps after several Windows 10 updates. A PITA but I have 3 MX-980's.

Services can be accessed in several ways, one is to type Services in Cortana.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Thanks for the info, but I tried all of that with no luck. Ever since the computer updated to version 1809 I can't download the WMDC from the Microsoft website. When I go to comp.mgmt--services the "Windows Mobile based 2003 connectivity" isn't listed. I've had the Microsoft and URC people try and help but nothing worked. Microsoft suggested doing a backup and trying a clean install to a previous version. Not sure if I want to go that route.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Thanks for the info, but I tried all of that with no luck. Ever since the computer updated to version 1809 I can't download the WMDC from the Microsoft website. When I go to comp.mgmt--services the "Windows Mobile based 2003 connectivity" isn't listed. I've had the Microsoft and URC people try and help but nothing worked. Microsoft suggested doing a backup and trying a clean install to a previous version. Not sure if I want to go that route.
Trade up to the 990? You get 4 color plus Stop buttons, more screen flexibility and no connection hassles :). And you can import your current 980 setup.

Ahh, right it won't be free :(.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's right. It's not under any menu heading. This windows version 1809 really screwed everything up.
I had some issues with Complete Control missing some options on Windows 7, I tried to do a manual update and it gave me a popup window that said "This program was already updated" there was an option on the popup that said "Integrity Check", clicking it found missing components and it fixed my software so everything worked after that.

·
Administrator
18,497 Posts
The 980 is like a dozen years old and the thread hasn't been touched in nearly a year.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I have an mx-980 and the CCP programming. I bought a new desktop computer with Windows 10 v. 1809. With the 1809 version I can still use the CCP but I can't get the Windows Mobile Device Center to download. It works w/ version 1803 which I have on a laptop but version 1809 is something else. I've tried everything available but WMDC isn't going to work with 1809. I'm tired of fighting with WMDC and I'm wondering if I get a MX-990 can I use the 980's CCP to program? I've read that the 990 doesn't use WMDC but how do you download?
Yes, it will work; get the 990.
AFAIK there's only one CCP program, used for both the 980 & 990 and others, at least that's how my version works - CCP version 3.9.0.103.2. When you first create a Room (top level) you select the remote model. In the Communications menu section there are Send to Remote and Get from Remote entries. I take it these don't show up for a 980 Room?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
If CCP is not showing the button under Tools then I would say you have a problem with CCP. Not sure why you can not download WMDC here.
Seems like version 1809 screwed things up. I've tried downloading WMDC from the site you listed approx. 50 times. I keep getting an error saying "drvupdate-amd64.exe". Looks like the driver won't install. In the properties window it says it's only partially installed. I've tried installing it but it won't run.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, CCP works with lots of different remotes,I use it with MX-890, MX-980, MX-990, KP-4000 In-wall TS and an iPad , MX-990 does not use the WMDC like the MX-980

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I'll probably update to a 990 whenever my 980 fails. For now everything is ok. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling CCP. Everything went ok and at the finish it asked if I wanted to install WMDC. I clicked on yes and it said it went ok but I got a drvupdate-86.exe error. It didn't load WMDC. Anyone know how to get the drvupdate-amd64.exe driver? Microsoft is useless as usual.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'll probably update to a 990 whenever my 980 fails. For now everything is ok. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling CCP. Everything went ok and at the finish it asked if I wanted to install WMDC. I clicked on yes and it said it went ok but I got a drvupdate-86.exe error. It didn't load WMDC. Anyone know how to get the drvupdate-amd64.exe driver? Microsoft is useless as usual.
Here is a link to Microsoft's website for the driver download.

Note: The download will start immediately.

221 - 240 of 350 Posts