AVS Forum banner

281 - 300 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was very comfortable programming the MX-6000. Is mx-990 very different to program. Also does it work with the msc-400. I have a windows 7 computer which simulates XP mode. Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have been using URC Remotes for about 15 years or so now. I currently use an MX-980 and MX-900 in the bedroom.

I've been using CCP since it's inception. I use the "Please Wait" macro with my 980 in many of my macros. I'm playing around with the 990 program to see if they're are any differences worth addressing and this is one I saw right out of the gate.

No "Please Wait" device is listed in the "Jump" macro. Has anyone else found a way to add this functionality to the programming in CCP software for the 990 remote?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I have been using URC Remotes for about 15 years or so now. I currently use an MX-980 and MX-900 in the bedroom.

I've been using CCP since it's inception. I use the "Please Wait" macro with my 980 in many of my macros. I'm playing around with the 990 program to see if they're are any differences worth addressing and this is one I saw right out of the gate.

No "Please Wait" device is listed in the "Jump" macro. Has anyone else found a way to add this functionality to the programming in CCP software for the 990 remote?
What exactly does it do?

·
Registered
617 Posts
What exactly does it do?

The "Please Wait" command brings up a screen on the remote when you add a "Jump" to the "Please Wait" command. See the screen shot I took of what it looks like.

Additionally, as long as the "Please Wait" screen is displayed the remote buttons do nothing until the screen goes away and you "Jump" to another device screen. This prevents the user from getting impatient and just pushing buttons on the remote to get a response.

It's a great feature and I'm surprised that it's not available for the MX-990.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Doesn't seem to be one. I frankly don't see the need as I can always see what's happening, but then I'm the only one using my remote.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The "Please Wait" command brings up a screen on the remote when you add a "Jump" to the "Please Wait" command. See the screen shot I took of what it looks like.

Additionally, as long as the "Please Wait" screen is displayed the remote buttons do nothing until the screen goes away and you "Jump" to another device screen. This prevents the user from getting impatient and just pushing buttons on the remote to get a response.

OK, I just noticed buried in the right-most side of the Macro toolbar there's a Sleep Timer option - maybe that's it?

·
Registered
617 Posts
OK, I just noticed buried in the right-most side of the Macro toolbar there's a Sleep Timer option - maybe that's it?
No. That's not it. It's not that big a deal since you can make your own. I'm guessing that's why they did away with it since installers can make their own customized "Please Wait" screen.

·
Registered
12,770 Posts

I made my own using an animated GIF and a PAUSE command. You can download my 990 config here.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I made my own using an animated GIF and a PAUSE command. You can download my 990 config here.
Thanks Alan! I already have an animated "Please Wait" with a countdown timer for my MX-980. What I would really like to do is import that "Please Wait" command into the MX-990 that I'm working on. But I haven't figured out how I can do that.

I did it many, many years ago. I vaguely remember programming the macro using some kind of editor. Then I was able to save it to one of the .CCP files so it's in my current MX-980 Configuration file.

I just need to find a way to import/export that Please Wait command. Unfortunately I don't see an easy way to do that.

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
Thanks Alan! I already have an animated "Please Wait" with a countdown timer for my MX-980. What I would really like to do is import that "Please Wait" command into the MX-990 that I'm working on. But I haven't figured out how I can do that.

I did it many, many years ago. I vaguely remember programming the macro using some kind of editor. Then I was able to save it to one of the .CCP files so it's in my current MX-980 Configuration file.

I just need to find a way to import/export that Please Wait command. Unfortunately I don't see an easy way to do that.
I don't have CCP installed anymore since I got rid of my 990 so I'm not sure how you would do that, but there has to be an easy way.

Thanks for sharing your file. It is always interesting to see how people program stuff.

When does the "Please Wait" get called?
I had it called up at the start of any long-ish macro (Power On, Power Off, etc.).

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts

Yep, miss that feature too.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yep, miss that feature too.

You can get it back by doing the following:

1. Create a new MX-980 file in the CCP software. Make sure to select the new file with Default (1 Room, 1 Remote) and select the MX-980.

2. Save the file as "MX-980 blank" or whatever you want to call it.

3. Then create another new file. However, this time make sure you select "Empty (No Rooms, No Remotes).

4. Add an MX-990 remote in the System Configuration dialog box.

5. On the next screen (Model Properties) select the Option "Existing:" and browse to the new MX-980 file you just created.

6. Select "OK" and now you have a "Please Wait Macro" device under "Main1".

I suggest creating this MX-980 file BEFORE you start programming as I've seen no way to point to the "Please Wait Macro" from another remote that's listed in your System Designer. The "Please Wait Macro" needs to be in the MX-990 room under "Main1" in order for you to point to it with the "Jump" command.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts

1. Create a new MX-980 file in the CCP software. Make sure to select the new file with Default (1 Room, 1 Remote) and select the MX-980.

3. Then create another new file. However, this time make sure you select "Empty (No Rooms, No Remotes).

5. On the next screen (Model Properties) select the Option "Existing:" and browse to the new MX-980 file you just created.

I suggest creating this MX-980 file BEFORE you start programming as I've seen no way to point to the "Please Wait Macro" from another remote that's listed in your System Designer. The "Please Wait Macro" needs to be in the MX-990 room under "Main1" in order for you to point to it with the "Jump" command.

Thanks for this info!

·
Administrator
18,464 Posts

Nice workaround!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All, Wondering if anyone can assist me in programming remote. I was able to get my Vizio TV and Apple TV (Not able to figure out the sleep/shut down button), now i'm trying to add Netflix and Amazon Video. I've tried entering the hex code in universal browser and also tried the learn function with no luck. If anyone can provide support i would appreciate. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Hello people, I'm wondering if anyone knows what CCP device code to use in the MX-990 remote file for a Pioneer Elite UDP-LX500? I tried searching, no joy.

TIA

·
Registered
155 Posts
You have three options:

1. Try the closest model number to your receiver or the 'generic' Pioneer codes.

2. Try to find the hex codes for each function online and enter them in the Universal Browser window.

3. Learn all the codes from the OEM remote.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,572 Posts

I just got an MX-990 and am in the midst of programming. I too missed that feature. It appears that one main difference is that the Please Wait page has to be within the same set of pages from where the Macro button being used is located. So for the Main screen macros, the Please Wait page has to be located there.

As far as the process, I exported the Please Wait image files from my MX980 file. The Please Wait page is just two images. A .jpg background file and a .gif overlay file. Next, add a new page to the MX990 Main Screen pages and hide it. Then import the two Please Wait image files. It appears this will work.

281 - 300 of 350 Posts