AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Yes, you're right, senility is setting in. Thanks for correcting me.

I wanted to say the 990 has the color buttons whereas the 980 doesn't, which meant better use of the LCD buttons :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes, you're right, senility is setting in. Thanks for correcting me.

I wanted to say the 990 has the color buttons whereas the 980 doesn't, which meant better use of the LCD buttons :)
Having the 4 color buttons on the remote are a must for me. Almost all my devices utilize those buttons and are on their OEM remotes. Having that added functionality would make choosing the 990 over the 980 an easy choice.

·
Registered
600 Posts
It has to have the correct dimensions. You can check by exporting one of the existing buttons but for an mx-990 I believe they are 106x64.
You can custom make buttons to any size you want. I use large buttons for my entry pages and various size buttons elsewhere.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Have been using my MX-990 with CCP for a few years now (purchased from Surf Remote). I'm on Windows 7 and am now getting an error on trying to update:

Complete Control Program
Fail to Download the Patch Info File

I can no longer view my .cpp files either (I have 2 remotes)
Nothing has changed on my Windows 7 install, last time I tried running CCP was a few months ago

Anyone with an idea as to what might have happened? I did try a reinstall and still no luck

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Have been using my MX-990 with CCP for a few years now (purchased from Surf Remote). I'm on Windows 7 and am now getting an error on trying to update:

Complete Control Program

Nothing has changed on my Windows 7 install, last time I tried running CCP was a few months ago

Anyone with an idea as to what might have happened? I did try a reinstall and still no luck

I had an issue a while back similar to that, don’t remember what it was exactly. I ended up emailing Surf Remote and they just sent me a new link and I download the latest file and all was good. Easy-peazy, good service from them guys and girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts

Complete Control Program

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

Complete Control Program

As a desperate measure, try removing the batteries for a few seconds and see if resetting it helps.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Complete Control Program

It's been awhile since I've used windows 7, but you can try right clicking on the shortcut and run as administrator.

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's been awhile since I've used windows 7, but you can try right clicking on the shortcut and run as administrator.
I did try running as administrator and it didn't work. Actually, I was mistaken, this box is Windows 8.2 as I use MCE.. I'll try my Windows 10 box and then contact Surf Remote though I believe I have the newest software as my download link still worked

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have been using Windows 10 with my CCP software for some time now so I don't know if there is any trouble using Windows 7 but I have seen a lot of CCP updates lately when first opening my CCP not sure if any of these updates may have had any affect on things.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I did try running as administrator and it didn't work. Actually, I was mistaken, this box is Windows 8.2 as I use MCE.. I'll try my Windows 10 box and then contact Surf Remote though I believe I have the newest software as my download link still worked
You must mean Windows 8.1. Hopefully it will work on your Win 10 box. What you're describing is usually a UAC or user security level problem. These are common in Windows 7 or Windows 8.x.

Good luck and let us know when you get it working.

·
Registered
331 Posts
You must mean Windows 8.1. Hopefully it will work on your Win 10 box. What you're describing is usually a UAC or user security level problem. These are common in Windows 7 or Windows 8.x.

Good luck and let us know when you get it working.
Yup, fat fingered that one. I've gone through and completely uninstalled CCP, removed the folder as well. Rebooted, re-installed and the updater errors out like before, when I attempt to load one of my .ccp files, it's basically empty. I did run the install as an admin and UAC is off. My about page says it is version 2.8.0196.2. Strangely, my Windows 10 box has 3.7. I copied the files from my Windows 10 box to my 8.1 and it appears to be working now. Of note, both boxes are unable to update their software. Live Update says: Fail to Download the Patch Info File

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yup, fat fingered that one. I've gone through and completely uninstalled CCP, removed the folder as well. Rebooted, re-installed and the updater errors out like before, when I attempt to load one of my .ccp files, it's basically empty. I did run the install as an admin and UAC is off. My about page says it is version 2.8.0196.2. Strangely, my Windows 10 box has 3.7. I copied the files from my Windows 10 box to my 8.1 and it appears to be working now. Of note, both boxes are unable to update their software. Live Update says: Fail to Download the Patch Info File
I've just purchased the URC MX 990 to replace a 10 year old plus URC MX 700. The programming is somewhat more complicated than my CCP original software and I'm looking for examples of configured MX 990 .ccp file(s). Please PM me if you can help --- Sometimes its easier to learn from examples, than the CCP manual (MX980 is the latest I could find).

Thank you & Happy New Year,
Dave

·
Registered
216 Posts
Can someone who has an Apple TV 4K remote control tell me how to get the home key button mapped to the MX990? The home key doesn't learn (don't think the home key is IR based) as I have all the other functions working, except the home key. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Can someone who has an Apple TV 4K remote control tell me how to get the home key button mapped to the MX990? The home key doesn't learn (don't think the home key is IR based) as I have all the other functions working, except the home key. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I don't have or ever used an Apple TV, but I see in CCP a device called "Apple TV 4th Gen" under AUX. There is a "home" key in the list of available commands. Have you tried that?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't have or ever used an Apple TV, but I see in CCP a device called "Apple TV 4th Gen" under AUX. There is a "home" key in the list of available commands. Have you tried that?
Mike, thanks for your reply. Before I posted, I did find the home key in the IR Database under AUX for the Apple TV 4, but it didn't work. I was able to map all the other keys of the Apple Remote to the MX990.

Dave

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mike, thanks for your reply. Before I posted, I did find the home key in the IR Database under AUX for the Apple TV 4, but it didn't work. I was able to map all the other keys of the Apple Remote to the MX990.

Dave
I finished programming my MX990 URC --- everything works great! One other very minor issue. I have the LG Magic RC. I was able to learn the Netflix button, but not the Amazon. Has anyone had experience this issue, as I'd like to create an activity/macro directly to the Amazon App on the LG OLED.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
I finished programming my MX990 URC --- everything works great! One other very minor issue. I have the LG Magic RC. I was able to learn the Netflix button, but not the Amazon. Has anyone had experience this issue, as I'd like to create an activity/macro directly to the Amazon App on the LG OLED.
A thought I've been toying with but never bothered to actually implement (for my Roku):

1) Navigate to the LG menu item that will always be the same (i.e. Home menu). I assume you will be able to learn Home button on LG remote

2) Then just record a proper sequence of arrows/select button presses to navigate to Amazon app.

·
Registered
216 Posts
A thought I've been toying with but never bothered to actually implement (for my Roku):

1) Navigate to the LG menu item that will always be the same (i.e. Home menu). I assume you will be able to learn Home button on LG remote

2) Then just record a proper sequence of arrows/select button presses to navigate to Amazon app.
Thanks for the suggestion as I thought of going through that sequence you described to setup a macro. The Home button was not part of the LG TV IR database. Instead, I setup a macro for Netflix, then save Amazon LG APP on the "1" button of the LG Quick access. This seemed to save a few steps for my setup.

141 - 160 of 350 Posts