AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two years, I finally dropped my R40 too many times, now not working well, especially the buttons associated with the screen.

Due to this remote not remembering device states, I've never been 100% happy with it, I can work everything, but my wife struggles with it. I do like the build quality, but it seemed like the Harmony I had before was just easier to use.

Since we all have idevices, thinking maybe the Harmony Smart Remote and hub are the way to go (not the Ultimate). I like the idea of having a small remote that can control most functions and then use the idevices for the less used functions.

The real critical aspects are the ability to control the DVR (currently Uverse), so need the transport buttons and skip forward/back. Want it to be easy to switch from Squeezebox to TV and back.

Other devices are Anthem MRX300, Pioneer Elite plasma, Oppo BR and SB Touch.

Currently everything is on a a stand, but after our renovations are done, will probably be on open shelves of some sort with the TV mounted on the wall.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stopped by a BB to take a look, what losers!

They had the Smart Remote on display, but without the remote itself. They had some in boxes, I asked if I could see the actual remote. At first salesman said it doesn't come with one. I pointed out on the box itself that it shows it. He then said it's the same as another one they had on display, I think the Touch. Said, no it doesn't have a screen. I then asked if he could open one of the boxes so I could look at it and see how it felt in his hand and he said no.

No wonder no one actually buys anything there.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel stupid responding to my own thread again, but I received the Smart Remote I ordered from Amazon last night.

Very easy to setup, took no more than 20 minutes. Remote itself has a nice feel, very easy to learn where the controls are, even without a light.

iphone app not quite as nice as I hoped for, but perfectly adequate for when I can't find the real one or want to control from another room.

Happy so far.

My wife can actually work everything now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts